O’Connell & Associates Consulting Engineers has an opening for a Construction Manager in our Santa Rosa Beach, Florida office.
Knowledge / Experience / Requirements:
* 3 to 5 years of experience in the construction and/or investigation of building envelope systems and construction defects with emphasis on exterior walls, roofing and other waterproofing systems.
* Sound knowledge of building materials, field investigation methods and scientific principals as they relate to building envelope design.
* Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Building Science or Construction Management (preferred but not required)
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Effective interpersonal skills.
* Proven analytical and problem-solving skills with keen attention to detail.
* Ability to work independently with little supervision as well as work effectively as a team member.
* Full-time position.
* Mostly field work, some office work.
* Must be able to work early or late to perform inspection services as needed
Duties/Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Prepare inspection reports.
* Be familiar with building codes and requirements.
* Interact and communicate with the project team, clients and agencies.
* Perform site visits.
* Attend meetings.
* Plan and coordinate timely completion of all projects.
* Complete project activities within budget.
* Competitive salary.
* Holiday & Vacation.
* Medical Insurance.
* 401(k) with employer match.
We are an equal opportunity and drug-free work place.